Guidelines for Submitting a Position Announcement
Churches, synagogues, or other institutions wishing to announce an open position for an organist, choir director, accompanist, or a combined position should use the following guidelines:
• Briefly describe the institution, its location, size, history, and mission.
• Outline the duties, expectations, and requirements of the position, including information about the style and kinds of music desired.
• Describe the instrument(s) that will be at the disposal of the successful applicant.
• State the education, professional qualifications, and experience sought, required, or preferred.
• Indicate how the salary will be determined without necessarily giving dollar amounts.
• Provide contact information so that an interested applicant may speak directly to someone knowledgeable about the position as well as audition requirements.
Please e-mail this announcement as a Microsoft Word attachment to Winston Vaughan (email@example.com), Employment officer for the Cincinnati Chapter of the American Guild of Organists.