Worship Music Leader Needed!
Pilgrim United Church of Christ, on Cincinnati’s west side, is seeking a part-time Worship Music Leader. The right candidate will use gifts of musicianship – pianist, organist (a plus) – to assist in leading the small, welcoming, faith-filled congregation in praise and worship. This includes working with the Pastor, vocalists as needed or desired, church staff, and possibly other musicians to develop a well-rounded music ministry for Sunday worship (in-person and streaming) and other special events. Full job description below. Part-time, salaried, avg. 10-12 hours weekly. Starting salary: $10,000. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15. Position open until filled. Pilgrim UCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Title: Worship Music Leader – Part-time
Purpose: The Worship Music Leader will use their gifts of musicianship – pianist, organist (a plus) – to assist in leading the congregation in praise and worship. This includes working with the Pastor, vocalists as needed or desired, church staff, and possibly other musicians to develop a well-rounded music service for Sunday worship and other special events.
Accountability: The Worship Music Leader is accountable to the Personnel Committee.
· Perform weekly at the Sunday service (in-person and streaming)
· Perform during special services including but not limited to Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Christmas Eve. Music shall include but is not limited to a prelude, a postlude, hymns, anthems, service music and congregational hymns.
· Rehearse sufficiently to maintain a high quality of music.
· Arrange and oversee the regular tuning and maintenance of the organ and all pianos working within budgetary restraints.
· Play at weddings and funerals if available (compensated over and above regular salary)
· Select, purchase and maintain music resources within budgetary constraints.
· Maintain the music library.
· Ensure compliance with copyright and streaming permissions.
· Arrange for substitute pianist/organist when not able to be present.
· Competency in piano
· Competency in pipe organ (1970 Reuter) a plus
· Working knowledge of church systems, liturgy and liturgical calendar
· Knowledge of and ability to perform a variety of Christian music, both traditional and contemporary, and diverse musical styles including jazz, gospel, etc.
Time: Part-time, salaried, avg. 10-12 hours weekly
Evaluation: Periodic reviews Compensation: Position starting salary: $10,000
Please send resume to: email@example.com by November 15. Position open until filled.
Pilgrim UCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer