The Presbyterian Church of Hamilton
23 S Front St.
Seeking: part-time keyboardist, proficient on organ and piano for one Sunday service at 9:30am and choir rehearsal (meets weekly immediately following the service)
• Special services/events as needed (i.e. Holy Week, Advent, weddings, funerals)
• Skilled ability to play hymns and special music on the organ and piano
• Good sight-reading skills
Contact Pastor: John Lewis – firstname.lastname@example.org
or Director of Traditional Worship: Hollyn Lana – email@example.com
Salary paid bi-weekly at a competitive part-time rate
• Plays organ and/or piano for weekly services
• Participates in weekly choir rehearsal
• Plays as scheduled for special services (Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, etc.)
• Maintains open communication with the Director of Traditional Worship and the Pastor
• Plays during weddings and funerals as employed by the families
• Selects prelude, offertory, postlude, and other liturgical/intermittent music
• Provides instruction and training for substitute keyboardists
Schantz 3-manual 46 rank organ, Opus 1609
Yamaha baby gran
St. Gertrude Church
Do you have an advanced degree in music, specifically in Church music, organ, and choral conducting? Do you know what it means to sing the Mass? Are you an exceptional organist? We’re looking for a director of music – organist and choirmaster to join our team, and you may be a great fit!
In this role, you will:
- serve as the organist for weekend Masses, holy days of obligation, Dominican feasts, and Holy Week liturgies;
- directs adult and children’s choirs and hires section leaders, cantors, additional singers, and instrumentalists as needed;
- schedule, train, and prepare cantors for Masses, weddings, and funerals;
- plan all music used within the sacred liturgy in collaboration with the school music teacher, funeral choir director, and the contemporary music director;
- meet with engaged couples and families who have lost a loved one to help select the music for weddings and funerals; and more!
This is a full-time position with regular daytime, evening, and weekend work hours required (up to 45 hours per week).
For a complete list of responsibilities and requirements, please view the full job description. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, samples of worship programs or liturgy plans, and recordings of organ and choral work to Father Jordan Kelly, O.P., director of liturgy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. John St. Saviour Parishes in Deer Park, Ohio is seeking candidates to fill the position of Director of Parish Music.
Candidates must be proficient in organ and piano, able to sing, and have a good knowledge of the musical tradition of the Catholic Church. The Music Director is responsible for playing at all parish liturgies, directing parish choirs and cantors at Mass as well as other liturgies as needed. The Music Director attends staff and planning meetings, is a member of the parish Worship Committee and reports to the pastor. Position may be either part time or full time.
Start date is July 1st 2022. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Send resume and cover letter no later than April 30th to:
Fr. Michael Cordier, St. John / St. Saviour Parishes, 4136 Myrtle Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45236
or via email to email@example.com
Organization Name: Old Saint Mary’s Church
Job Title: Director of Sacred Music
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: Commensurate with skill and experience
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Director of Sacred Music is a part-time / full-time position (depending upon the needs of the
applicant) and is supervised by the pastor. The director is responsible for the overall execution of the parish’s music program in line with applicable Church documents. The director produces all liturgical music programs, procedures, and budgets for the music program in cooperation with the pastor. The director plans and executes music for both the Traditional Latin Mass and the German Novus Ordo Mass, in addition to Sunday and major feast day Vespers services and other para-liturgical services throughout the year.
• Promotes the development of authentic liturgical music at Old Saint Mary’s using Gregorian
chant, Renaissance and other polyphony, organ music, and hymnody
• Acts as principal organist for all Masses, Vespers, and other services (Latin and German Masses;
• Directs and supervises the parish’s professional choir (Latin Mass)
• Plans and reviews the liturgical repertoire
• Auditions paid choir members and coordinates the hiring and payment of other musicians as
• Performs administrative office work, including several weekly worship aids and staff payroll
• Oversees the maintenance of the areas used by the choir and instruments, especially the pipe
organ and choir room
• Coordinates liturgical music for weddings, funerals, and other sacramental celebrations
(additional stipends are paid by the families for these services)
• Prepares the annual budget for the music program
• Attends regular staff meetings and department head meetings
• Participates in periodic review with the pastor and executes other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• An active, practicing Catholic, living a moral life according to the tenets of Catholicism is
preferred but all are welcome to apply
• Bachelor’s degree in organ performance or equivalent professional experience
• Proficient organ performance
• Proficient singing and choral conducting skills
• Skills in administration, development of print materials, communication, collaboration, and
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with musicians in the
Cincinnati metro area
• Familiarity with Catholic Church documents on sacred music
• Availability to carry out responsibilities in the evenings, on weekends, and during holidays
• An exceptional reputation as a musician and individual
• Commensurate with skill and experience
• Vacation, health benefits, sick leave pre-established per diocesan policy and hourly status
TO APPLY OR FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please apply with a resume, cover letter (in which you should explain your personal vision of sacred
music at a traditional Catholic parish), and some examples of streamed Masses or recordings and printed materials you have put together. These materials should be addressed to The Very Rev. Jon-Paul Bevak,
C.O., and sent to email@example.com
Music Director, St. Joseph, Camp Springs, Kentucky
Saint Joseph Catholic Church in Camp Springs is seeking talented keyboard musicians interested in the position of Music Director. The successful candidate will be proficient on the piano and/or organ, knowledgeable about the Catholic liturgy and sacred music, and capable of leading congregational singing/chant and of training and leading a choir. Must be available to lead three masses each weekend: 5 pm Saturday, and 8 am and 10 am Sunday, plus availability to lead on major religious feasts and holidays. This is a competitively-paying part-time position.
Interested candidates may submit a letter of interest and resume to Fr. Ryan Stenger by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Director, St. Joseph, Crescent Springs, Kentucky
Saint Joseph Catholic Church (www.stjosephcrescent.com) in Crescent Springs is seeking talented keyboard musicians interested in the position of Music Director. The successful candidate will be proficient on the piano and/or organ, knowledgeable about the Catholic liturgy and sacred music, and capable of leading congregational singing/chant and of training and leading a choir. Must be available to lead three masses each weekend: 5 pm Saturday, and 9 am and 11 am Sunday, plus availability to lead on major religious feasts and holidays. This is a competitively-paying part-time position. Interested candidates may submit a letter of interest and resume to the Parish office by emailing email@example.com.
St. Cecilia School Music Teacher, Independence, Kentucky, 2022-2023 School Year
St. Cecilia Roman Catholic School, located in Independence, has an opening for a highly qualified, part-time general music teacher for grades K-8 for the 2022-2023 school year.
We are searching for an energetic and experienced, Christ-centered professional with concrete professional and interpersonal skills who will join the St. Cecilia team in our mission to provide a high quality Catholic education for our students. In addition to classroom teaching, the successful candidate will:
• Organize and direct concerts twice per year (advent & spring)
• Develop a school choir
• Assist with the school’s drama production
Experience leading music for the Catholic Mass or familiarity with sacred music is preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with references to Jeanetta Kathman, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Timothy School, Union, Kentucky, 2022-2023 School Year
St. Timothy Catholic School is looking for a full-time music teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. We are seeking an enthusiastic teacher who has a passion for instruction and embraces a collaborative approach to education. The ideal candidate will have experience in music education and a willingness to embody the virtues of the Church while leading the children in their care. Ability to play the piano proficiently is a plus! Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and at least threee references to Deb Geers at email@example.com
St. Gertrude School – 6543 Miami Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45243 (513) 561-8020Grades K-8: Music Teacher/Full-Time: St. Gertrude School is seeking a strong Catholic music teacher for grades K-8. This person should have the ability to enthusiastically preserve the joy of singing that exists among the student body. Candidate should have experience in and a passion for teaching and forming students in truth and wisdom through the study and language of music as an expression of the mystery of God. Candidate will have the opportunity to assist in the ongoing development of the school’s music program, will coordinate liturgical music, and will direct two annual musical productions. Moreover, candidate will join a faithful Catholic school community with a strong tradition and love of music. St. Gertrude School, a parochial school administered by Dominican friars and sisters, has a strong emphasis in religious faith formation and academic excellence. Conveniently located in Madeira, St. Gertrude School draws students from throughout the Cincinnati area. Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and experience teaching children. Requirements also include a background check, fingerprinting, and Safe Environment account with the Archdiocese of Cincinnati prior to starting the position. Candidate will be required to obtain a valid Ohio License. Contact: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Sister Maria Christi Greve, O.P., principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A salary scale is utilized, therefore the salary commensurate with experience. Catholic Required: Yes
St. Bernard Catholic Church (Taylor Creek) has an opening for a part-time Director of Music Ministry to lead the parish music program.
Candidates for this position should be proficient in organ and have suitable vocal skills. Candidates should be knowledgeable and passionate about Catholic liturgy. This candidate will be a staff member, attend staff meetings, and work collaboratively with pastoral staff.
The Director of Music Ministry plans and leads music at three weekend Masses, Saturday 4:00pm and Sunday 9:30 and 11:00am, Wednesday morning school Mass, funeral Masses, all Holy Day Masses and special liturgies and events as needed. Providing music at weddings and funerals is additional compensation. Responsibilities also include directing and rehearsing two choirs, a parish choir and a school choir.
This candidate should have the ability to cultivate and recruit volunteers for participation in the choirs.
Holy Trinity School in Bellevue is seeking an enthusiastic teacher of music who possesses the joy of singing to share with our students. Candidate will have the opportunity to assist in the ongoing development of the school’s music program and will coordinate liturgical music.
Contact: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Michele Carle-Bosch email@example.com
Immaculate Heart of Mary School – 7800 Beechmont Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45255 (513) 388-4086K-Grade 8: Music Teacher/Full-Time: Immaculate Heart of Mary School is seeking an innovative and creative teacher to join our team as the K-8 Music teacher. Candidates must be flexible and willing to collaborate with colleagues to provide an environment to meet the needs of all learners. Candidates must hold (or be able to obtain) a valid Ohio teaching license, and have fingerprints, background check, and SafeParish current with the Archdiocese of Cincinnati prior to starting the position. Contact: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Katie Durstock, Principal, via email firstname.lastname@example.orgCatholic Candidate: Preferred
St. Vivian School – 885 Denier Pl., Cincinnati, OH 45224 (513) 522-6858PreK- Grade 8: Music Teacher/Part-Time: St. Vivian School is seeking a part-time music teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. The preferred candidate will be dynamic, energetic, and creative. Excellent classroom management skills are required. The ideal candidate should also demonstrate effective communication skills, work collaboratively with staff, and possess a valid state of Ohio educator’s license in music education. Experience with school band is a plus. Contact: Please send resume, cover letter, and at least three references to Michael Collins, Principal at email@example.com. Catholic Candidate: Preferred