Director of Music Ministry – St. Therese Little Flower
Director of Music Ministry
Part-time (15 hours)
The Director of Music Ministry is responsible for:
- Planning and playing for 3 weekend liturgies and all holy days.
- Responsible for planning and playing for all special sacramental liturgies including weddings and funerals.
- Working with the choir and cantors to prepare for the weekend liturgies.
- Ensuring the instrumental and sound equipment is maintained.
- A strong candidate will have strong vocal skills in addition to being proficient in organ & piano. Must be a practicing Catholic with liturgical knowledge. Must be able to pass a background check and be within compliance with the Decree on Child Protect prior to start of employment.
Position is set to begin October 25, 2021 or soone
Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church
TITLE: Traditional Organist
JOB CODE: FLSA STATUS: Exempt
MANAGER: Worship Director
PAY: Negotiable per performance
DATE: July, 2021
GENERAL FUNCTION: To serve the church by providing appropriate musical
accompaniment during worship services and other church services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Working and coordinating with the Worship Director and Traditional Music Coordinator
to provide appropriate music for worship services and other seasonal services.
2. Prepare and play appropriate music for 9:00am traditional worship services and
3. (Accompany choir, ensembles, soloists during rehearsals for traditional worship
services and seasonal services.)
4. (Lead choir rehearsals in the absence of the choir Director.)
REPORTS TO: Worship Director – Weekly for coordination of worship services, annually for
review of salary and responsibilities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Advanced skills on organ, including recording device (Roland MR-200).
2. Advanced accompanying skills on organ and piano.
3. Excellent people skills.
4. A heart for God and passion to be His instrument in reaching people with the Gospel
using his/her God-given gifts and abilities
St. John the Evangelist Anglican Catholic Church in Dayton Kentucky needs an organist to play for their Sunday services.
It a small parish with only about 60 members currently, and usually only about 30 in attendance on any given Sunday morning for the 10:30 AM Holy Mass. The organist will typically play 5 hymns per Sunday out of the 1940 Episcopal Hymnal. No choir or Cantors at the moment.
Father Timothy Butler
619 O’Fallon Avenue
Dayton, KY 41074
Part-time Position for a Combined Organist/Pianist and Choir Director
St. Paul United Church of Christ on Old Blue Rock Road in Cincinnati, Ohio is seeking a part-time combined organist/pianist and choir director. Duties include leading the choir at Sunday morning worship, during the months of September through May and weekly choir rehearsals. The choir director is also responsible for coordinating special music in the months of June, July and August. In addition, the choir director is expected to lead and play the organ/piano with the choir for special events. Our organ is an Allen Organ 301C.
The organist/pianist is also responsible for playing all Sunday (10:30 am) services and the special services as they occur on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter. He/she may also be required to play at funerals and weddings of our members. We would like the candidate to have a strong passion for church music such as classical, contemporary, gospel, etc. Our church choir is small but we love to sing and we will accept an individual who can play one instrument or the other.
Our preference is that the candidate have a Bachelor’s degree in music and has experience as a choir director and an organist/pianist; however, this is not mandatory if he/she has experience in these positions. We would also appreciate if said candidate lived in the Cincinnati area. Salary will be discussed at the job interview and is negotiable, based on experience. Approximately, four to five hours of work is required per week.
Music Director/Organist/Pianist Position
Madison Avenue Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
1530 Madison Avenue, Covington, Kentucky, 41011
An integral part of the Covington community for over 100 years, Madison Avenue Christian Church is an inclusive, welcoming congregation, striving to be the good news of Jesus Christ, sharing the love of God and neighbor through insightful and inspirational worship services and community outreach programs. We are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled individual to join the active and vibrant musical environment already in place.
Responsibilities include collaborating with the Senior Minister and Music Worship team for:
· a single Sunday morning worship service
· a weekly adult choir rehearsal
· 3-4 special services throughout the liturgical year
· assisting with special music when the choir is not available
· arranging for substitutes when required
· overseeing the tuning and maintenance of the organ and piano
The position could potentially grow as we seek to expand our music program.
· Degree in organ or music performance (including organ studies) preferred, but not required
· Experience with church worship dynamics, leading/accompanying congregational singing, selecting appropriate service music (e.g. prelude, offertory, communion, postlude)
· Willingness to work with a volunteer choir that appreciates and shares a wide variety of choral music from classical literature to gospel, contemporary, and jazz arrangements
· Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of guest vocalists and instrumentalists
The church has a long, rich history of music and appreciates musical excellence as well as a wide variety of music, including a blend of organ/piano, choral, and other instrumental offerings.
The sanctuary is a beautiful and acoustically gratifying space with a 1926 Moeller two manual pipe organ, restored in 2021, and a 7’6” grand piano, restored in 2016. Services are currently both in-person and live-streamed.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. MACC is a popular location for weddings, which provides opportunity for additional compensation. Stipends for continuing education may be available. Two weeks paid vacation annually.
Interested candidates should send resume/CV with cover letter to Search Committee co-chairs firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.