St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
33 W. Dixon Ave.
Director of Music
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Oakwood, Ohio is a thriving, program sized parish located about 1 mile from the University of Dayton. Our parish is excited about and highly supportive of musical programming. We seek an enthusiastic and collaborative Director of Music, familiar with the Anglican choral and liturgical tradition, to nurture and grow our music program.
The Director of Music (hereafter DOM) oversees the entire music program at St. Paul’s, and works with the Rector or Priest-in-Charge on all matters of music, especially liturgical music for all services. The ideal applicant for the DOM position will possess competency with organ and piano, and have knowledge of Anglican liturgy, repertoire, and culture. The execution of this requires a high degree of collaboration and open communication with the Rector or Priest in Charge, who is responsible for the entirety of the worshipping life of the church, including the music program. The DOM regularly attends the weekly staff meeting and meets with the Rector or Priest-in-charge as directed.
• Organize, rehearse, conduct, and lead all music (instrumental and choral) during the course of the year, including normal Sunday worship and select weekday High Holy Days (e.g. Confession of St. Paul, All Saints, Holy Week Services, Ash Wednesday, Stations of the Cross in Lent). At this time, this includes a vocal choir and bell choir.
• Organize and lead – in collaboration with the Rector and director of children’s formation – a children’s music program, as well as select children’s programming, including Vacation Bible School.
• Supervise the organist (unless DOM is also the organist)
• Arrange for substitute organists when required, or fill in for organist if necessary.
• Recruit and supervise of all other musicians, both paid and volunteers. This includes scheduling and leading rehearsals.
• Regularly attend the weekly staff meeting and meet with the Rector or Priest-in-charge as directed.
• Maintain St. Paul’s music library.
• Work with the AV team to oversee the maintenance of all digital records and archives of St. Paul’s music performances, and also ensure that St. Paul’s is in compliance with copyright protocols.
• Work with St. Paul’s Clergy and Finance to establish Music Program budget.
• Submit an annual report for the parish on the Music Program.
• Other responsibilities at the Rector’s or Priest in Charge’s discretion, for example:
• Quarterly Choral Evensong
• An annual choral presentation to parish and community.
• Assist the St. Paul’s Presents committee as liaison with community musical organizations for
potential concerts at the Church.
The DOM will work 20-30 hours per week on average and will be compensated according to experience
and education. The DOM is entitled to three weeks off (not to be take consecutively) with pay during the course of the year (a maximum of three Sundays), and $500 to be used for continuing education purposes.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume/CV, references, and cover letter to Lois Smith, Parish
Assistant, at email@example.com
Zion Lutheran Church
10 N. Breiel Blvd.
Middletown, Ohio 45042
Pastor: Rev. Jennell Rue
1. Plan, prepare, and present music for the two weekly Sunday Worship services: prelude,
postlude, hymns, accompany liturgy, and possible offertory when choirs or special music
is not available. Additional services would include Midweek Lenten Worship, Holy Week
and Christmas Eve Services, and possible pre-recorded worship for members who
cannot come to worship in-person.
2. Plan and prepare music for worship along with the Pastor and other staff in accordance
with the themes of the Church seasons.
3. Provide accompaniment for rehearsals and performances of the choirs of the
congregation and schedule rehearsals with soloist and special groups in coordination
with the handbell and/or Choir Director as requested. Assist with recording special
music for the online worship services.
4. Assist with recruitment, coordination, and recording of special music (especially for
summer worship services when choirs and handbells are not available).
5. Oversee the tuning and maintenance of the organ and pianos within the approved
budget and provide regular reports specifying maintenance needs to the pastor and
6. Continue to grow as a church musician and keep abreast of developments in the field of
church music and worship.
7. In harmony with Zion’s purpose statement, we will follow Jesus’ footsteps by inviting
others to experience God’s love.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Zion’s Church Office at (513) 423-9861 or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
North Bend UMC
North Bend UMC is looking for a Pianist or keyboardist to play the worship music on Sunday. The ability to direct the Choir (once Covid -19 restrictions allow for the choir to resume) is preferred. Choir rehearsals were traditionally held on Wednesdays, and Sunday worship is at 10:30 AM. This is a paid position. Salary is negotiable and will depend on musical skills and experience. Please contact the church at (513) 9413061) or email at email@example.com to apply or learn more.
Music Teacher Needed
Annunciation School – 3545 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220 (513) 221-1230
K-8: Music Teacher/Part-Time: Annunciation School in Clifton is looking for a part-time music teacher for the 21-22 School Year. Music Classes are held 2 or 3 days per week and encompass grade levels K-8. Annunciation’s music room has lots of instruments and tools for music education. Annunciation is a diverse Catholic School with a collaborative faculty and small class sizes. Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration for this position!
Contact: Celia Deters, Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Candidate: Preferred
Trinity Reformed Episcopal Church
5920 Butler-Warren Road
Mason, Ohio 45040
Duties: Play the weekly Sunday Service at 10:30
Bishop Peter Manto 513-368-6934
Rev. David Truax 419-670-3408
Music Position Available
St. Peter in Chains located just moments from the heart of Hamilton, Ohio is in need of a part-time pastoral musician to lead the music ministry of the parish. Duties include leading music at weekend Masses (solo, with cantor, with choir), leading music at the Tuesday morning school Mass, leading music at occasional evening Praise and Worship events, planning liturgical music, directing the parish choir, maintaining music files, communications about music ministry in the parish bulletin, and other similar duties as deemed necessary by the pastor. The candidate must be able to play accompaniment on both piano and organ and be able to sight read music. The ideal candidate is passionate about the church’s liturgical tradition as well as current liturgical practice. The ideal candidate may also be outgoing, creative, and an experienced choral conductor who is able to relate to people from all walks of life.
This position is regularly scheduled for 15 hours/week, not including funerals and weddings.
Applications will be accepted through June 15, 2021.
Employment contingent upon ability to pass background check
St. John the Baptist School – 508 Park Ave., Harrison, OH 45030 (513) 367-6826
Grades K-8: Music Teacher/Part-Time: St. John the Baptist School in Harrison, Ohio is seeking a part-time music teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. The ideal candidate would be dynamic, energetic, able to plan engaging lessons/projects, and willing to lead after school music activities.
Contact: Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Principal Nicole Herrmann at email@example.com
Catholic Candidate: Preferred
St. Francis Seraph School – 14 E. Liberty St., Cincinnati, OH 45202 (513) 721-7778
Grades K-8: Music Teacher/Full-Time: St. Francis Seraph School is seeking a dedicated music teacher for grades K-8. A qualified candidate must be able to convey enthusiasm and excitement for music to students. We are looking for a teacher with strong classroom management skills. This position requires patience, dedication and a positive attitude, in addition to knowing effective strategies for being inclusive to all learners. The music teacher will be responsible for directing two programs throughout the year (Christmas and spring).
Contact: Halsey Mabry, Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Candidate: Preferred
St. Mary, Hyde Park, is seeking a part-time Assistant Director of Music starting August 1, 2021. St. Mary, Hyde Park has a growing and thriving music ministry, including adult and children’s choirs, a cantor program, a Steinway baby grand piano, and a newly rebuilt 3-manual, Schantz pipe organ (December 2019). Primary responsibilities are to play piano/organ at the 4:00 p.m. Saturday Vigil Mass as well as the Wednesday and Friday morning Masses (9:00 a.m.) with and without the school children, the Tuesday 5:45 p.m. Mass and Benediction (first Tuesday of the month), work with and train cantors from the school and parish, assist when needed for Holy Days, weddings, and funerals. The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in music and/or experience in a parish liturgical music program, proficiency in piano, organ, and voice, a knowledge of liturgy and good pastoral skills. The successful candidate is a team person, working with all the staff members of the parish. Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience. A full job description is available.
Wilmington Friends Meeting seeks to be a community of faith that nurtures the living light of Christ in its members and welcomes others who desire a personal relationship with Christ. The Meeting seeks to strengthen the faith of individuals and encourages a close fellowship among them. Members are encouraged to “let their lives speak”.
Our musician is expected to accompany congregational singing and play solo prelude and offertory pieces. Choir direction and accompaniment may be negotiated separately. Available instruments are a Wicks 1961-8RKS pipe organ (2 manual, 8 ranks, and 32 stops) and a grand piano. We require no special qualifications, but the congregation is very musically inclined and appreciates proficiency in playing. Salary is set and reviewed during the Meeting’s regular budget process. You can reply by e-mail to email@example.com
St. Therese Parish in Southgate, KY seeks a part-time musician to provide music for our Saturday Vigil Mass each week.
Preferred candidate(s) would: possess organ & improvisation skills; have vocal experience, including ability to sing with accurate pitch and rhythm. Virtus training is required.
Our Lady of Valley Parish has an opening for a full time Director of Music Ministry to help lead the community in praise and worship through music and song.
Candidate for this position should be proficient in organ and piano, be able to sight read music and have suitable vocal skills. Candidate should be passionate about the church’s liturgical tradition as well as today’s current practice. This candidate will be a staff member, attend staff meetings and work collaboratively with pastoral staff.
The Director of Music Ministry plans and leads music at all four weekend Masses, Saturday 3 pm & 5 pm and Sunday 8:30 am and 10:30 am, Friday Noon Mass, funeral Masses, all Holy Day Masses and special liturgies and events as needed. Providing music at weddings is additional compensation.
Responsibilities include directing and rehearsing choirs and volunteer musicians, creating pamphlets for Masses, file and maintain music records, coordinate music ministry bulletin communications, care for musical equipment and the operation of sound equipment.
This candidate should have the ability to cultivate and recruit volunteers for participation in the Music Ministry program both choir and musicians.
Our Lady of the Valley Parish currently has two locations that will be merged into one on the near future. Please submit resumes by August 6, 2021 to Fr. Matthew Robben by mail at 330 West Vine Street Reading, Ohio 45215 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mercy Montessori – 2335 Grandview Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45206
Grades 1-8: Music Instructor/Part-Time – Proposed Hours: 15 hours total per week (approximately) plus performance dates for Lower Elementary, grades 1-3, Junior High concerts. Playing Piano at Mass with Junior High students also needed- 6 masses.
- Purpose: The purpose of the music teacher is to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of curriculum and instruction for music for the purpose of increasing students’ knowledge and the understanding of music around them, as well as displaying a joy for music and children.
I. Essential Functions/Skills:
1. Has knowledge of Ohio New Learning Standards for K-12 Music as well as a passion and knowledge of developmentally appropriate material.
2. Plans and implements lessons that are engaging and reflect the Ohio New Learning Standards.
3. Monitors student achievement and utilizes the data to guide and inform instruction.
4. Records quarterly grades and comments into the Renweb system by quarter deadline.
5. Working with teachers and administration to develop a quality music program.
6. Establishes a professional and supportive relationship with all students, parents, colleagues and administration.
7. Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
8. Meets attendance requirements.
9. Participates in ongoing professional growth and serves on committees or groups as requested.
Contact: Patty Normile – email@example.com
Pilgrim United Church of Christ
Position Title: Minister of Music – Part-time
Purpose: The Minister of Music will use their gifts of musicianship – pianist, organist (a plus), choir director – to assist in leading the congregation in praise and worship. This includes working with the Pastor, choir / vocalists, church staff, lay leaders and possibly other musicians to develop a well-rounded music ministry for Sunday worship and other special events.
Accountability: The Minister of Music is accountable to the Church Council and reports to the Pastor.
· Perform weekly at the 10:30am Sunday service (in-person and streaming)
· When feasible – begin practice on Wednesday evenings with the adult choir from September thru May for Sunday service performance.
· Perform and direct the choir during special services including but not limited to Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Christmas Eve. Music shall include but is not limited to a prelude, a postlude, hymns, anthems, service music and congregational hymns.
· Rehearse sufficiently to maintain a high quality of music.
· Arrange and oversee the regular tuning and maintenance of the organ and all pianos working within budgetary restraints.
· Arrange special music through the summer months in lieu of the choir, within budgetary constraints. This may or may not include those church members who wish to showcase their musical talents.
· Play at weddings and funerals if available (compensated over and above regular salary)
· Select, purchase and maintain music resources within budgetary constraints.
· Maintain the music library.
· Ensure compliance with copyright and streaming permissions.
· Arrange for substitute pianist/organist when not able to be present.
· Other duties as agreed / assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience in a musical field
· Competency in piano
· Competency in pipe organ (1970 Reuter) a plus
· Experience with performing/directing choral groups
· Working knowledge of church systems, liturgy and liturgical calendar
· Knowledge of and ability to perform a variety of Christian music, both traditional and contemporary, and diverse musical styles including jazz, gospel, etc.
· Commitment to ministry and Pilgrim UCC spirit of inclusivity and welcome
Time: Part-time, salaried, avg. 10-12 hours weekly, with PTO after 90 days
Evaluation: Periodic reviews Compensation: Position starting salary: $10,000
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15. Position open until filled.
Pilgrim UCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison Avenue Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
1530 Madison Avenue, Covington, Kentucky, 41011
An integral part of the Covington community for over 100 years, Madison Avenue Christian Church is an inclusive, welcoming congregation, striving to be the good news of Jesus Christ, sharing the love of God and neighbor through insightful and inspirational worship services and community outreach programs. We are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled organist and pianist to join the active and vibrant musical environment already in place.
Responsibilities include collaborating with the Senior Minister and Music Worship team for:
· a single Sunday morning worship service
· a weekly adult choir rehearsal
· 3-4 special services throughout the liturgical year
· assisting with special music when the choir is not available
· arranging for substitutes when required
· overseeing the tuning and maintenance of the organ and piano
The position could potentially grow as we seek to expand our music program.
· Degree in organ or music performance (including organ studies) preferred, but not required
· Experience with church worship dynamics, leading/accompanying congregational singing, selecting appropriate service music (e.g. prelude, offertory, communion, postlude)
· Willingness to work with a volunteer choir that appreciates and shares a wide variety of choral music from classical literature to gospel, contemporary, and jazz arrangements
· Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of guest vocalists and instrumentalists
The church has a long, rich history of music and appreciates musical excellence as well as a wide variety of music, including a blend of organ/piano, choral, and other instrumental offerings.
The sanctuary is a beautiful and acoustically gratifying space with a 1926 Moeller two manual pipe organ, restored in 2021, and a 7’6” grand piano, restored in 2016. Services are currently both in-person and live-streamed.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. MACC is a popular location for weddings, which provides opportunity for additional compensation. Stipends for continuing education may be available. Two weeks paid vacation annually.
Interested candidates should send resume/CV with cover letter to Search Committee co-chairs email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Music Ministry – St. Therese Little Flower
Director of Music Ministry
Part-time (15 hours)
The Director of Music Ministry is responsible for:
- Planning and playing for 3 weekend liturgies and all holy days.
- Responsible for planning and playing for all special sacramental liturgies including weddings and funerals.
- Working with the choir and cantors to prepare for the weekend liturgies.
- Ensuring the instrumental and sound equipment is maintained.
- A strong candidate will have strong vocal skills in addition to being proficient in organ & piano. Must be a practicing Catholic with liturgical knowledge. Must be able to pass a background check and be within compliance with the Decree on Child Protect prior to start of employment.
Position is set to begin October 25, 2021 or soone
Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church
TITLE: Traditional Organist
JOB CODE: FLSA STATUS: Exempt
MANAGER: Worship Director
PAY: Negotiable per performance
DATE: July, 2021
GENERAL FUNCTION: To serve the church by providing appropriate musical
accompaniment during worship services and other church services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Working and coordinating with the Worship Director and Traditional Music Coordinator
to provide appropriate music for worship services and other seasonal services.
2. Prepare and play appropriate music for 9:00am traditional worship services and
3. (Accompany choir, ensembles, soloists during rehearsals for traditional worship
services and seasonal services.)
4. (Lead choir rehearsals in the absence of the choir Director.)
REPORTS TO: Worship Director – Weekly for coordination of worship services, annually for
review of salary and responsibilities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Advanced skills on organ, including recording device (Roland MR-200).
2. Advanced accompanying skills on organ and piano.
3. Excellent people skills.
4. A heart for God and passion to be His instrument in reaching people with the Gospel
using his/her God-given gifts and abilities
St. John the Evangelist Anglican Catholic Church in Dayton Kentucky needs an organist to play for their Sunday services.
It a small parish with only about 60 members currently, and usually only about 30 in attendance on any given Sunday morning for the 10:30 AM Holy Mass. The organist will typically play 5 hymns per Sunday out of the 1940 Episcopal Hymnal. No choir or Cantors at the moment.
Father Timothy Butler
619 O’Fallon Avenue
Dayton, KY 41074