Organist/Pianist. Choir Director Position
Peace Lutheran Church in Delhi seeking an Organist/Pianist/Choir Director..
Peace Lutheran is part of the Lutheran Missouri synod, and the hymns and liturgy (traditional) are from the Lutheran Service Book.
- Play for the weekly Sunday services at 10:30 AM
- Play for Wednesday night Lenten services at 7:00 PM
- Train and direct the church choir on a weekly basis starting in the fall
- Select appropriate music for the choir
The organ is a Rodgers 580 with two manuals, and the piano is a Seller Grand
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com, or contact the office at (513) 9415177 for further information.
Lebanon Presbyterian Church is seeking an Organist for its
traditional worship services. This historic church of 650
members enjoys a strong music ministry and is blessed with
one of the finest pipe organs in the region. The position of
Organist has an integral part of worship at Lebanon
Presbyterian Church, contributing significantly to the quality
of LPC’s traditional worship services.
Select, rehearse and perform appropriate organ music for
regularly scheduled worship services, maintaining a high
standard of musical excellence. This will typically include
Hymns (provided by Senior Pastor and Ministry Staff),
Responses, Music for Communion, Postludes, as well as
occasional Preludes and Offertories.
Serve as the organist for special musical events and worship
services i.e. Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter (two
services), Christmas Eve (three services), Cantatas, etc.
Assist Minister of Music and Worship in overseeing
maintenance and tuning of the pipe organ.
Be available for occasional weddings and memorial services
when appropriate (additional compensation provided).
Bachelor’s degree in music or equivalent experience.
Prior experience playing for traditional worship services.
Proficient in a variety of musical styles and genres.
Excellent knowledge of contemporary and historical organ
Excellent sight-reading skills.
An understanding of liturgical style worship in the Reformed
Ability to occasionally accompany choral works on piano a
AGO certification a plus.
This position will require personal planning and rehearsal
time as well as 8:45 Traditional Worship and weekly meeting
and prayer with staff on Sunday mornings. Typical weeks will
require the organist to be onsite for personal rehearsal and
for two hours on Sunday mornings.
There are a number of professional musicians in the
congregation of LPC. This provides an exciting opportunity
to explore musical collaboration. The organist will be
expected to be approachable, and to reach out, to the
musicians within the congregation to create opportunities for
special musical offerings in worship.
The Organist is responsible for contracting substitutes
acceptable to the
Minister of Music and Worship.
This position reports to the Minister of Music and Worship.
About the instrument:
The earliest recorded pipe organ in this sanctuary was
completed in 1883 by Hook and Hasting.
On March 27, 1960, the church began work to renovate and
remodel the Sanctuary and install a new Pipe Organ. The
organ was designed and built by the Schantz Organ
Company of Orville, Ohio and consists of 20 ranks
containing 1271 pipes. The organ was completed in 1964
The current Pipe Organ renovation was completed in 2013 by
Bunn Minnick Pipe Organ Company of Columbus, Ohio. This
magnificent instrument has the following specifications:
3 Manuals and Pedal,
2,283 total pipes with 7 ranks extending to 16 feet.
The organ incorporates a portion of the church’s 1964
Schantz organ. A new handcrafted facade was completed by
Bunn Minnick artisans. Its design was inspired by photos of
the church’s 1883 Hook and Hastings instrument.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email or mail a cover
and a statement of faith to:
Minister of worship and Music
Lebanon Presbyterian Church
123 N East Street
Lebanon, OH 45036
Parish Director of Liturgical Music – St. Clement Catholic Parish
St. Clement Catholic Parish – in the Village of St. Bernard (Cincinnati), Ohio, is seeking a (part-time?) Director of Liturgical Music. This position serves the Parish’s approximately 800 families in an urban area surrounded by the City of Cincinnati. This position serves the parish community as principal musician, organist/keyboardist and choir director according to the highest professional standards of this profession. He/She aims to help the worshipping community to pray by supporting liturgies with inspirational and quality music. He/She must have a good knowledge of quality repertoire available for liturgical music programs for adult choir, organ, and congregation.
Skills, Knowledges, and Abilities
- Provides service by playing for parish English-speaking liturgical celebrations, including weddings and funerals, and special events. Current Masses are scheduled at Saturday Vigil Mass 4:00 pm, Sunday Mass 9:30 am, and during the school year Children’s Wednesday Mass 7:45 am.
Holy Days Masses include: January 1 Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God; Ash Wednesday; Easter Triduum; August 15 Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary; November 1 Solemnity of All Saints; December 8 Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception; December 25 Solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ; Confirmation Mass; Advent Penance Service; Lenten Penance Service.
- Trains, directs, and supervises choirs, instrumental ensembles and cantor programs.
- Prepares worshipping assembly for liturgies through rehearsals prior to liturgies.
- Provides for liturgical updating and education of the parish.
- Introduces new music and encourages congregational participation.
- When opportune, communicates through parish bulletin/Facebook/website.
- Cooperates with the liturgical music projects of the Deanery and or Archdiocese when feasible.
- Must have a high degree of proficiency as an organist as attested to by formal credentials and/or performance audition.
- Must have skill as an effective choral conductor as demonstrated by formal credentials and/or a choral audition (rehearsal).
- Must have a knowledge and appreciation of the Church’s liturgical tradition as well as current liturgical practice.
- Responsible for the preparation and administration of the annual liturgical music budget, including purchase of music, payment of additional musical personnel, copyright fees and permissions, and worship aid programs.
- The qualifying degrees or credentials for professional status for Parish Director of Liturgical Music can be met in a variety of ways such as degree from an accredited music college or program, and/or experience and demonstrated ability.
- The applicant should have experience in preparing and accompanying Catholic Liturgical music.
The position reports to the Parish Pastor and is a member of the Parish Staff and of the Parish Worship Commission. (This position is paid every two weeks). Application deadline is May 8, 2021.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
33 W. Dixon Ave.
Director of Music
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Oakwood, Ohio is a thriving, program sized parish located about 1 mile from the University of Dayton. Our parish is excited about and highly supportive of musical programming. We seek an enthusiastic and collaborative Director of Music, familiar with the Anglican choral and liturgical tradition, to nurture and grow our music program.
The Director of Music (hereafter DOM) oversees the entire music program at St. Paul’s, and works with the Rector or Priest-in-Charge on all matters of music, especially liturgical music for all services. The ideal applicant for the DOM position will possess competency with organ and piano, and have knowledge of Anglican liturgy, repertoire, and culture. The execution of this requires a high degree of collaboration and open communication with the Rector or Priest in Charge, who is responsible for the entirety of the worshipping life of the church, including the music program. The DOM regularly attends the weekly staff meeting and meets with the Rector or Priest-in-charge as directed.
• Organize, rehearse, conduct, and lead all music (instrumental and choral) during the course of the year, including normal Sunday worship and select weekday High Holy Days (e.g. Confession of St. Paul, All Saints, Holy Week Services, Ash Wednesday, Stations of the Cross in Lent). At this time, this includes a vocal choir and bell choir.
• Organize and lead – in collaboration with the Rector and director of children’s formation – a children’s music program, as well as select children’s programming, including Vacation Bible School.
• Supervise the organist (unless DOM is also the organist)
• Arrange for substitute organists when required, or fill in for organist if necessary.
• Recruit and supervise of all other musicians, both paid and volunteers. This includes scheduling and leading rehearsals.
• Regularly attend the weekly staff meeting and meet with the Rector or Priest-in-charge as directed.
• Maintain St. Paul’s music library.
• Work with the AV team to oversee the maintenance of all digital records and archives of St. Paul’s music performances, and also ensure that St. Paul’s is in compliance with copyright protocols.
• Work with St. Paul’s Clergy and Finance to establish Music Program budget.
• Submit an annual report for the parish on the Music Program.
• Other responsibilities at the Rector’s or Priest in Charge’s discretion, for example:
• Quarterly Choral Evensong
• An annual choral presentation to parish and community.
• Assist the St. Paul’s Presents committee as liaison with community musical organizations for
potential concerts at the Church.
The DOM will work 20-30 hours per week on average and will be compensated according to experience
and education. The DOM is entitled to three weeks off (not to be take consecutively) with pay during the course of the year (a maximum of three Sundays), and $500 to be used for continuing education purposes.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume/CV, references, and cover letter to Lois Smith, Parish
Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Zion Lutheran Church
10 N. Breiel Blvd.
Middletown, Ohio 45042
Pastor: Rev. Jennell Rue
1. Plan, prepare, and present music for the two weekly Sunday Worship services: prelude,
postlude, hymns, accompany liturgy, and possible offertory when choirs or special music
is not available. Additional services would include Midweek Lenten Worship, Holy Week
and Christmas Eve Services, and possible pre-recorded worship for members who
cannot come to worship in-person.
2. Plan and prepare music for worship along with the Pastor and other staff in accordance
with the themes of the Church seasons.
3. Provide accompaniment for rehearsals and performances of the choirs of the
congregation and schedule rehearsals with soloist and special groups in coordination
with the handbell and/or Choir Director as requested. Assist with recording special
music for the online worship services.
4. Assist with recruitment, coordination, and recording of special music (especially for
summer worship services when choirs and handbells are not available).
5. Oversee the tuning and maintenance of the organ and pianos within the approved
budget and provide regular reports specifying maintenance needs to the pastor and
6. Continue to grow as a church musician and keep abreast of developments in the field of
church music and worship.
7. In harmony with Zion’s purpose statement, we will follow Jesus’ footsteps by inviting
others to experience God’s love.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Zion’s Church Office at (513) 423-9861 or
email us at email@example.com
North Bend UMC
North Bend UMC is looking for a Pianist or keyboardist to play the worship music on Sunday. The ability to direct the Choir (once Covid -19 restrictions allow for the choir to resume) is preferred. Choir rehearsals were traditionally held on Wednesdays, and Sunday worship is at 10:30 AM. This is a paid position. Salary is negotiable and will depend on musical skills and experience. Please contact the church at (513) 9413061) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or learn more.
Music Teacher Needed
Annunciation School – 3545 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45220 (513) 221-1230
K-8: Music Teacher/Part-Time: Annunciation School in Clifton is looking for a part-time music teacher for the 21-22 School Year. Music Classes are held 2 or 3 days per week and encompass grade levels K-8. Annunciation’s music room has lots of instruments and tools for music education. Annunciation is a diverse Catholic School with a collaborative faculty and small class sizes. Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration for this position!
Contact: Celia Deters, Principal – email@example.com
Catholic Candidate: Preferred
Trinity Reformed Episcopal Church
5920 Butler-Warren Road
Mason, Ohio 45040
Duties: Play the weekly Sunday Service at 10:30
Bishop Peter Manto 513-368-6934
Rev. David Truax 419-670-3408
Music Position Available
St. Peter in Chains located just moments from the heart of Hamilton, Ohio is in need of a part-time pastoral musician to lead the music ministry of the parish. Duties include leading music at weekend Masses (solo, with cantor, with choir), leading music at the Tuesday morning school Mass, leading music at occasional evening Praise and Worship events, planning liturgical music, directing the parish choir, maintaining music files, communications about music ministry in the parish bulletin, and other similar duties as deemed necessary by the pastor. The candidate must be able to play accompaniment on both piano and organ and be able to sight read music. The ideal candidate is passionate about the church’s liturgical tradition as well as current liturgical practice. The ideal candidate may also be outgoing, creative, and an experienced choral conductor who is able to relate to people from all walks of life.
This position is regularly scheduled for 15 hours/week, not including funerals and weddings.
Applications will be accepted through June 15, 2021.
Employment contingent upon ability to pass background check
St. John the Baptist School – 508 Park Ave., Harrison, OH 45030 (513) 367-6826
Grades K-8: Music Teacher/Part-Time: St. John the Baptist School in Harrison, Ohio is seeking a part-time music teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. The ideal candidate would be dynamic, energetic, able to plan engaging lessons/projects, and willing to lead after school music activities.
Contact: Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Principal Nicole Herrmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Candidate: Preferred
All Saints Parish, Walton, Ky., is hiring a musician/music director for all weekend Masses, as well as special occasions such as Holy Days of Obligation, weddings and funerals, etc. The successful candidate must be able to play the organ and sing. Choir directing is desired, as All Saints Parish is interested in organizing a choir. This position is part time, but could be developed into a full-time position.
Organ: 2 mauual Rodgers
Interested applicants may call (859) 485-4476, or visit at allsaintswalton.com and select the “Contact” tab to submit name, number and a message of interest.
St. Jerome Church, 5858 Kellogg Avenue, Cincinnati OH 45230
Job open beginning June 2021.
Job description: Sunday morning 9:30 Mass. Holy Days morning Mass. Christmas and Holy Week services.
Contact: Mr. Ron Kienzle at church office: 513-231-7042
(Mon-Thurs 1:00 – 5:00, Friday 1:00 – 3:00.)
The Cincinnati Choral Academy (CCA)
CYC is seeking a dynamic, passionate, and dedicated Director for the Cincinnati Choral Academy, who
will provide strategic direction, management and coordination of this Community Engagement program.
The Director will facilitate the program’s artistic growth and community relationship development in al locations and manage at least one site personally.
Title: Cincinnati Choral Academy Director
Starting as part-time; plans of growing to full-time position
Salary: Commensurate with related experience; Range of $21,000 – $25,000
Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Music Education
Reports to: Robyn Lana, Artistic Director
Lauren Hess, Executive Director
Works with: Artistic Director, Executive Director, CCA Staff, and Board Members
Director Duties / Responsibilities:
• Recruit and train conductors for each of the school locations when openings occur.
• Choose appropriate repertoire for all school locations to learn throughout the school year.
• Assist with the singer recruiting process and with creating lesson plans for conductors as needed.
• Gather information from all conductors on a biweekly basis and submit biweekly reports to
Managing Artistic Director and Executive Director to provide updates on the program.
• Complete the administrative tasks for CCA – order tee shirts, uniforms, order buses, etc.
• Schedule visits to all school locations at least once a month, to ensure quality experiences for all students.
• Work with other conductors to schedule in-school performances as well as additional informal
performances out in the community (school, churches, business partners, community council
meetings) once a quarter at a minimum.
• Work with other conductors and the Executive Director to budget and schedule additional arts
experiences for CCA participants, especially in the second semester.
• With the conductors input create two retreats, one in the fall and spring to bring all the singers
together for a rehearsal in order to build community among all the singers.
• Attend meetings, community engagement/education events relevant to the Choral Academy as
requested by the Cincinnati Youth Choir, May Festival and Vocal Arts Ensemble.
Teacher for Cincinnati Choral Academy:
• Prepare and conduct the Cincinnati Choral Academy (CCA) Choirs Afterschool program – Twice
a week, rehearse students in interactive rehearsals for 90 minutes.
• Recruitment to the entire school population in grades 3-6.
• Teach repertoire in a creative environment utilizing the El Sistema approach, emphasizing
accessibility, peer learning, and personal commitment, with the Orff-Schulwerk philosophy of
playful, child-centered teaching incorporating movement, drama, speech, and music.
Experience – The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
• A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Music Education
• Three to five years teaching experience in a music classroom
• Understanding and expertise of El-Sistema and Orff-Schulwerk educational philosophies
• Proficiency with administration of managing a program budget, creating and coordinating
schedules, and long-term planning
• Ability to develop strong community relationships
• Collaborate with a mission-oriented and driven staff
• Highly entrepreneurial, resourceful and flexible;
• A strategist who is adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following
through while remaining highly energetic and focused;
• A team builder with strong skills in management and leadership;
• Committed to and enthusiastic about CYC’s mission and programs.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit letter of interest and resume to:
Cincinnati Choral Academy Director Search
Cincinnati Youth Choir
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0236
or email to email@example.com
Organist PositionEpiscopal Church of the Redeemer in the Hyde Park area of Cincinnati seeks an accomplished organist. The church maintains a strong musical program in the Anglican/Episcopal tradition, including seasonal evensongs and additional services/performances. The church has 3 manual Casavant in the sanctuary, a chamber Juget-Sinclair in the side chapel, and a largely volunteer choir of 24 singers. Responsibilities will begin in September 2021 with the beginning of the church program year.Weekly Responsibilities: Play for the traditional Rite 2 service on Sunday mornings, including a rehearsal one hour before the service begins. Accompany Thursday evening choir rehearsals, 7-9pm.Additional Responsibilities: Play for additional services as required, including Christmas Eve/Day services, Holy Week services, and major feast days and seasonal evensongs. The organist will have the opportunity to play for weddings and funerals through the church, for additional compensation.
Preferred candidates will have experience playing services in a liturgical context, a degree in music, and experience accompanying a vocal ensemble. Salary to be negotiated depending on level of experience.
Interested candidates should contact Dr. Brett Scott, Director of Music, at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Francis Seraph School – 14 E. Liberty St., Cincinnati, OH 45202 (513) 721-7778
Grades K-8: Music Teacher/Full-Time: St. Francis Seraph School is seeking a dedicated music teacher for grades K-8. A qualified candidate must be able to convey enthusiasm and excitement for music to students. We are looking for a teacher with strong classroom management skills. This position requires patience, dedication and a positive attitude, in addition to knowing effective strategies for being inclusive to all learners. The music teacher will be responsible for directing two programs throughout the year (Christmas and spring).
Contact: Halsey Mabry, Principal – email@example.com
Catholic Candidate: Preferred
St. Mary, Hyde Park, is seeking a part-time Assistant Director of Music starting August 1, 2021. St. Mary, Hyde Park has a growing and thriving music ministry, including adult and children’s choirs, a cantor program, a Steinway baby grand piano, and a newly rebuilt 3-manual, Schantz pipe organ (December 2019). Primary responsibilities are to play piano/organ at the 4:00 p.m. Saturday Vigil Mass as well as the Wednesday and Friday morning Masses (9:00 a.m.) with and without the school children, the Tuesday 5:45 p.m. Mass and Benediction (first Tuesday of the month), work with and train cantors from the school and parish, assist when needed for Holy Days, weddings, and funerals. The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in music and/or experience in a parish liturgical music program, proficiency in piano, organ, and voice, a knowledge of liturgy and good pastoral skills. The successful candidate is a team person, working with all the staff members of the parish. Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience. A full job description is available.
Wilmington Friends Meeting seeks to be a community of faith that nurtures the living light of Christ in its members and welcomes others who desire a personal relationship with Christ. The Meeting seeks to strengthen the faith of individuals and encourages a close fellowship among them. Members are encouraged to “let their lives speak”.
Our musician is expected to accompany congregational singing and play solo prelude and offertory pieces. Choir direction and accompaniment may be negotiated separately. Available instruments are a Wicks 1961-8RKS pipe organ (2 manual, 8 ranks, and 32 stops) and a grand piano. We require no special qualifications, but the congregation is very musically inclined and appreciates proficiency in playing. Salary is set and reviewed during the Meeting’s regular budget process. You can reply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Therese Parish in Southgate, KY seeks a part-time musician to provide music for our Saturday Vigil Mass each week.
Preferred candidate(s) would: possess organ & improvisation skills; have vocal experience, including ability to sing with accurate pitch and rhythm. Virtus training is required.
Our Lady of Valley Parish has an opening for a full time Director of Music Ministry to help lead the community in praise and worship through music and song.
Candidate for this position should be proficient in organ and piano, be able to sight read music and have suitable vocal skills. Candidate should be passionate about the church’s liturgical tradition as well as today’s current practice. This candidate will be a staff member, attend staff meetings and work collaboratively with pastoral staff.
The Director of Music Ministry plans and leads music at all four weekend Masses, Saturday 3 pm & 5 pm and Sunday 8:30 am and 10:30 am, Friday Noon Mass, funeral Masses, all Holy Day Masses and special liturgies and events as needed. Providing music at weddings is additional compensation.
Responsibilities include directing and rehearsing choirs and volunteer musicians, creating pamphlets for Masses, file and maintain music records, coordinate music ministry bulletin communications, care for musical equipment and the operation of sound equipment.
This candidate should have the ability to cultivate and recruit volunteers for participation in the Music Ministry program both choir and musicians.
Our Lady of the Valley Parish currently has two locations that will be merged into one on the near future. Please submit resumes by August 6, 2021 to Fr. Matthew Robben by mail at 330 West Vine Street Reading, Ohio 45215 or via email at email@example.com.
Mercy Montessori – 2335 Grandview Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45206
Grades 1-8: Music Instructor/Part-Time – Proposed Hours: 15 hours total per week (approximately) plus performance dates for Lower Elementary, grades 1-3, Junior High concerts. Playing Piano at Mass with Junior High students also needed- 6 masses.
- Purpose: The purpose of the music teacher is to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of curriculum and instruction for music for the purpose of increasing students’ knowledge and the understanding of music around them, as well as displaying a joy for music and children.
I. Essential Functions/Skills:
1. Has knowledge of Ohio New Learning Standards for K-12 Music as well as a passion and knowledge of developmentally appropriate material.
2. Plans and implements lessons that are engaging and reflect the Ohio New Learning Standards.
3. Monitors student achievement and utilizes the data to guide and inform instruction.
4. Records quarterly grades and comments into the Renweb system by quarter deadline.
5. Working with teachers and administration to develop a quality music program.
6. Establishes a professional and supportive relationship with all students, parents, colleagues and administration.
7. Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
8. Meets attendance requirements.
9. Participates in ongoing professional growth and serves on committees or groups as requested.
Contact: Patty Normile – firstname.lastname@example.org