Welcome to the Cincinnati Chapter of the American Guild of Organists
Founded in 1913
The purpose of the American Guild of Organists is to promote the organ in its historic and evolving roles, to encourage excellence in the performance of organ and choral music, and to provide a forum for mutual support, inspiration, education, and certification of Guild members.
The Southern Ohio Chapter (later renamed the Cincinnati Chapter) was founded on September 27, 1913, as the result of a meeting on June 28, 1913, by Alois Bartschmid (who arrived in Cincinnati from Boston) and Sidney C. Durst (a member of the original Ohio Chapter with headquarters in Cleveland).
The idea was taken up enthusiastically by the organists of Cincinnati and the neighboring cities and the Chapter feels that it can point with justifiable pride to its record of accomplishment.